For Email Marketing you can trust.
"Sahaya song" by Sandeep Khurana
With thanks to our event sponsors:
Preethi Indian Cuisine
(712 2nd Street,
Davis, CA 95616)
Sahaya Walks 2016: Sunday October 9 from 1 to 4 pm
at International House Davis
SAHAYA WALKS (previously called Hope Walks) is a family-oriented annual event to celebrate that we can make a difference in the lives of HIV-infected children and orphans in the programs of Sahaya International in India.
This year marks the 10th edition!
Come join us!
Participants of all ages – young and old – are welcome.
There will be an Indian lunch, a short walk, music and dance, and fun activities (such as face painting, henna tattoos and a photobooth), music and dance.
100% of the proceeds of this annual event directly support 24 HIV-infected children and youth, who are part of our programs with the organization READ in India.
Where: International House Davis (10 College Park, Davis, CA 95616)
- 1:00 pm:
- Start of check-in/ on-site registration
- Lunch: with food provided by Preethi Indian Cuisine; we'll also have a potluck so feel free to bring a side-dish (such as a salad) or dessert to share.
- Activities (including face painting, henna, letter-writing, posterboard, flower-making, photobooth)
- 2:00 pm:
- Opening ceremony with several performers/speakers (including Sandy Holman, Momentum Dance and Fitness, Priya, more to be announced soon):
- Walk: a leisurely half-mile walk, fit for all ages.
- Post-walk activities:
- Continued fun activities (see above)
(Most of the 24 children and youth that we are helping via Sahaya Walks)
One of the children in our program has grown up and leads a healthy life.
We provide them with proper nutrition, clothing, education and access to life-saving medications.
With proper care, love and education, HIV-infected children can have a real future.
Thanks to our efforts, we have not lost a single child in because of HIV/AIDS in 9 years!
This is truly something to celebrate!
Will you join us?
As our goal is to raise $16,000 to help all these children for the coming year, this year's slogan is:
16K for 2016
What your contributions mean:
$10: One month of life-saving HIV medicines
$30: One month of food, clothing, tuition
$100: School fees and clothing for a year
$360: One year of food, clothing and school fees
View some highlights of Sahaya Walks 2014 and 2015
(Videoclip and song by Sandeep Khurana)
"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop."
© Sahaya International, 2016